Monday, September 9, 2013

Apples Apples Apples!!

This week we are doing a unit study on apples. Last month was Apple Week (I was under the weather last week, so we are catching up)!! Today we used granny smith apple, braeburn, and red delicious apples. I showed them that God is creative in His creation. How apples are apples, yet there are different types and that they look different. Just as He created us. We are all humans but we all look different. We are all the same when you get to our core. Our core should be a direct reflection of God and we are made in His image. 

So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27


Bear needed to take a picture last night with the apple when I was preparing for the next day of school. 


We are different outside but our core is the same. I was a wonder woman for a split second in the my children's eyes. They were pretty amazed with the star inside! Baby Love already knew about the star (of course). Their daddy, on the other hand, did NOT know this trick!!


Labeling the parts of the apple. 


Working on his geography. He is learning the United States Regions. He was super excited to do the Southeastern Region. It has Florida, and they recently was let known, we were headed there soon!


Ordinal number worksheet...She wasn't really feeling the coloring part (which is unusual for our little budding artist) but rocked the ordinal number part!!


Pretty sure THIS is the reason why she wasn't feeling the coloring part...We made stamps out of the apple core and stamped stars. FYI, this did NOT work the way I had envisioned...They still LOVED it. 


The stars weren't as prominent as I figured they would turn out. 


She went to town! Bear started getting really creative as soon as I decided to put the camera up. Baby Love did his 2 sheets of stamping was "so over it".


We also had such a fun and exciting weekend! BL's first soccer game was Saturday! I loved watching him out there. Hubby is coaching, so that was another bonus!! I got to watch him coach those boys. Such a great experience for him and our son. 


Not only did we have a soccer game but, my aunt and uncle from Kansas came down and we ate lunch together. Then on Sunday we celebrated my brother in law's birthday! 

Many Blessings To YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment