Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Do You Smell What I'm Stepping In?

Today is ALL about the sense, smell. I have lined up a few items for them to smell. Our son wasn't too keen on this experiment...He is in for a treat on Friday! We are doing taste!! :) 
I have vanilla, onion, chocolate, cinnamon, oregano, coffee, vinegar, and pepper.

BL's reaction to oregano! He wasn't a fan. Then I told him that a small amount of oregano is in the spaghetti sauce I make. He had the shocked face on. 


Bear LOVED this activity!! 


He had to make a chart and write what was a "good" smell and a "bad" smell. His chart was even on both sides. I was pretty shocked. I assumed only 1-2 items would be on the "good" side of the chart. 


She really enjoyed the apple cider vinegar and coffee the most! Her grandma-ma would be proud to know that she liked the vinegar smell!! 

Bear smelling vanilla!

Smelling coffee...He wasn't a fan! How could one NOT be a fan of coffee?!?
In math today he learned about length and width. How to know the difference and that you only have to measure two sides because the length and width should be the same on both sides. 

Reading the words and following the directions of left/right and up/down. 


First vocabulary test of the year!!!! 


Love that our Language integrates the Word of God. This section has been using the verse from Isaiah 53:5. Baby Love told me that he thinks he could write a sermon about this verse now!! I may just see if he could and what he would write!


We found the nouns, verbs, and adverbs in the sentence. Also marked out the prepositional phrases. Then he told me what some of the "big" words meant. So proud of this kid and his love for The Lord already!

"He was pierced for our transgressions. He was crushed for our inequities. We are healed by his wounds."
Isaiah 53:5


Here is a picture from our family Bible Study last night. Husband told one of his favorite stories from the Bible.

Many Blessings To YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment