Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Me on the Map and the Color Red

Well day two and it has sank in that this school stuff is for real! Oaklee was a little slower with his work..Thinking he thought I would decided NEVER MIND lets do summer again (we will from here on out school year around)!! I will admit that our school day is longer than I thought we would be doing. Which, it has turned out wonderful!We start right after breakfast around 9/9:30 and end around 12:30/1.

Bear working on her lower case a and writing the word one.
 Baby Love has been working on similes. So, his journal entry was a simile poem about himself. 

He seriously put SO much effort into this. Way more than I would have as a 7 year old!! And what he came up with to describe himself is amazing! I love hearing and watching them learn and process information!


Cutting practice and then working on sequencing! 


Sequencing after the snowman was built I asked "What happens next?" Assuming she would want to dress him or put shoes on him...she just said "whelp, he melts". Again, I love being able to experience learning and teaching my children!


BL working hard on his Language. This is a challenging curriculum I think. Here are his spelling words for this unit. Contrite, Dreadful, Exploits, Furious, Gloat, Rogues, Scowl, Smirking, and Tutor. He knew the definition of most all of the words!! That was super impressive! I love this curriculum due to the fact we can do the straight given work or there are some extras and even enrichment.


Even the babies are doing very well to our new schedule of schooling! 


Learning the RED song today. Also worked on spelling, writing, and recognizing the word red. I was once again impressed with this one!


Social Studies is Me on the Map. For his address he wanted to write his Papa and Gigi's address. Haha Yes, they ARE way more fun than we are!!! For math today BL graphed his family members birthday's and wrote number sentences.


We have had a great school day and looking forward to tomorrow!! Next week we will be doing the Five Senses. This will be a super fun week that I'm looking forward to! Lots of hands on activities planned!!

Many Blessings to YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment