Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Today we are learning about the sense, hearing! This was such a fun and fast day!! BL in his journal this morning, I had him write 3 of his favorite sounds (in complete sentence stating what kind of sentence it is). He always seems to know how to melt my heart! One of his favorite sounds is hearing his babies laugh! It is such a great sound and I love how our children have really developed this bond together. 

Bear coloring the pictures that make sound.

 For our project today we made rain sticks for our "does it make sound" segment. We will at the end of the week do some experiments with all the senses we have learned for the week! These rain sticks we just used toilet paper rolls, tin foil, and some rice. (*Should have used paper towel rolls.)


They decorated their rain sticks! BL LOVES NASCAR...so all his art projects has to have a few cars on them. :)

She means business with her art. For one that is just merely four years of age...she is quite the artist. I could possibly be bias thought!  


We also made guitars! They learned the difference what strumming and plucking. Also, had to tell me which was louder on their "guitar". They really liked this project...however, they were intimidated by the rubber bands. I think they were thinking they'd pop their fingers or something.Once they figured out it wouldn't do that they were ALL about it! 


Bear decided to use her pencil as a helper for her instrument in making sounds! 


BL with his finished product. We will add more rubber bands, I think. 


I am still doing some "what exactly do you know" work with Bear. I am by far impressed. She just whizzes right through her work pages. She looks forward to doing lessons on ABC Mouse.



He has to wear some noise reducing headphones while sister works on the computer. AKA he gets distracted very easily! I suggest purchasing a pair if you have an easily distracted one at your house as well!! 


Did I mention, I LOVE hearing "School was SO much fun toady, Mom!"

Many Blessings To YOU!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment