Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day

Started our day with a little review of English for this guy. (Don't mind the the snot rag. We are a family with lots of outdoor allergies, and waiting for the first good freeze!)


We have been doing different types of Science and History/Geography this year. Haven't really been pleased with any of it. We are now trying Alpha Omega's LifePac. He LOVES History, so I am really hoping that this really keys in for him.


One thing this girl does not like in school. Copy work....The only struggle we ever have. 


Finished work leads to ART!! I knew it would take her a little longer to cut than her brother, so she started her art before he did. 


We watched a short video about Veterans Day


Along with the video, I had a little history sheet that I read and he answered questions over what I read. Which the sheet and the video went together very nicely!! 


Onto our art project for the day. We made poppy's. They (I mean BL because Bear was so far gone from our school day by this time) now know why the poppy is worn at this day. My family are hockey fans. No, not just fans...MAJOR fans and the Canadians all are wearing their poppy flowers the last two weeks. So, we have been talking about them already.  


I love that the kids are into art and doing art. I don't know what I would do they didn't like to do art. This momma likes to do art!! 


Their finished poppy art! I love them!! I think I will frame these!! They were supper simple and fun. The kids (7 and 4) were able to do every part unaided.


Ending with this. My granddad (Big Papa). He was in the US Air Force. Our school is named after him and our youngest is named after him as well! I am so grateful for him and  the men and women of the past, present, and future that are serving our country. It wasn't until recent years that I realized that serving in the military isn't just a normal typical job. Takes sacrifice from the person serving in an unselfish way. I just am overwhelmed with appreciation for those who have fought for ME. Here is a huge THANK YOU!!!!

Many Blessings To YOU!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment