Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Trust and Obey

Continuing with our unit today we are doing teachers and ministers. BL wrote adjectives that describe each of those professions. When Bear was working on her tools of the trade page. She wanted to put the work boot on the teacher side! Just thought how true is that! Although, her brother convinced her otherwise.. Since we began school till this time now. I would say she is officially an expert in cutting and pasting. Mainly excited about the cutting part! 


With our new curriculum we are using. Reading goes right along with it. I was doing sight words and that seemed to be way more work than just diving in. So, we are diving in head first!! Her and her brothers learning styles on reading are SO different. 


Working on his new vocabulary words. 


My mom (Gigi) gave us this really cool National Geographic US Atlas along with a book on presidents. These kids are eating it up!! She gave it to us at the PERFECT time. We are working our way though the states and capitals. Starting with the Northeast. 


Connecticut is first on our Geography lessons. This book is really great! Gives lots and lots of information about each state. And they loved finding all the nursery farms on the map. Along with learning about the Northeast we are also learning about Colonial Times. They have both discovered they wouldn't have wanted to attend school in those times.


HOLY MOLY!! We are in full fledged packing/cleaning mode at our humble abode! Packing 6 is a chore...along with getting everything situated for my sister (Nanna) to come over. I know the kids are excited. I would almost bet that us adults are WAY more excited!! 


Just to share what is on my heart for a second. LOVE. Love has been on my heart. Love in such a direct way. I want to love as God loves. I love my family to the fullest. I can honestly say that is about the extent of my love. So, I have decided that in order to truly love and show love (even in the check out line at walmart) I need to TRUST and OBEY God. Those are two things that work hand in hand. I am learning to fully rely upon Christ. As I read in my Bible almost always it has dealt with love. I do believe that is God yelling at me "Look how much I love you!!" I should be showing this to everyone who I come in contact with or even those I don't and they are just watching. I totally deserve hell and he LOVES me so much. 

"He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever, he does not treat as as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his LOVE for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions from us."
Psalm 103:8-12

Since I am a follower of God, I must model his forgiveness and LOVE to those. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

I have taken a step back and really looked at my values and priorities. What is truly important and what is truly in need. In order to know what these are I need to totally LEAN on Christ, acknowledge that he knows best and he will guide me. I am seeking what Christ is wanting from me as Jesus states in Matthew 6:33. When I worry about things, it just is showing God I don't trust him. So many things have been effecting and interfering in my life that put God behind it all. 

I know that we go through growing pains and roller coaster in our walk. I am so grateful that God LOVES me and is so gracious and caring that he always brings me back to Him. How we often take salvation for granted. How we often forget. I love being asked about my salvation.

In 1886 Daniel Towner was a song leader and was asking people how they had been saved. Several stood up and spoke of their salvation. But then a young man rose and said, "I am not quite sure, but I am going to trust, and I am going to obey." That night Towner wrote the hymn "Trust and Obey".



Many Blessings To YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing the stories behind hymns. Hope you guys have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete