Friday, December 6, 2013

Grace...

Growing up I always heard, "You are near perfect as perfect can be". To which I strived to live as near perfect as I could possibly be and still knowing I sinned 'a little'. I know that some of my actions couldn't compare to others of my peers if we are to put on a scale of worst to best...I knew I wasn't perfect but I just didn't think I was "as bad as others". 

Which now as an adult I see that I was wrong. God gave me the same exact grace as the one who was the worst. 

Not shaming being told "You're near perfect as perfect could be" (I tell my kids that but reminding them they are that way with God's power) but it gave me a false look on how bad I really was. 

My heart was in the wrong place. I (speaking of myself) felt that I was good on my own. I was a Christian with this mentality. 

"'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10



Here I was thinking I was good and I was truly being a natural born sinner! Only he is able to make me (us) effective for his work. I don't know why it took me until I was a mom to realize my weaknesses and that I couldn't do any job, talent, or gift without HIS help. 

God's everlasting grace is exactly what I (we) need. I was so into me, I forgot my humility! I know that humility and Junior High/High School student isn't always hand in hand. However, I can only imagine what it would have been like for me to show others the kindness and grace that God has given me. 

Please read Romans 5. Talks about the marvelous grace that God has bestowed upon me (us). How that even though I am a sinner who cannot even come close to perfection He still provided a way. Instead of punishing me, Christ took it upon himself and died on the cross. Now, I can rejoice that I am a sin and God grace has looked pass all the sin. 

Hard lesson but I have decided that any thing that is not in Christ, just isn't for me. The more work, friends, and places I go that is IN Christ the closer I am to Christ. I have decided that being in Christ is much better than all the drama that this world provides. 

Paul reminds us that just because we have the grace and forgiveness doesn't me we get to sin like the dickens. Romans 6:1-2 If we are to take sin less serious than Christ dying on the Christ is less serious as well. We cannot take advantage of God with our sin...Okay, that's said. I didn't want you to think that purposely sinning was okay. 

Julia Harriette Johnston wrote a beautiful hymn on grace.

Marvelous grace of our loving Lord,
Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt!
Yonder on Calvary's mount outpoured,
There where the blood of the Lamb was spilt.
Grace, grace, God's grace,
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within;
 Grace, grace, God's grace,
Grace that is greater than all our sin!


Many Blessings To YOU!!


No comments:

Post a Comment